Get started with our screen recorder
The Rewatch screen recorder allows you to quickly and easily record videos for your team. You can capture your screen, camera, and microphone, and then instantly upload the recordings to your channel in Rewatch.
Once uploaded to Rewatch, you can organize your video messages into collections, leave comments to keep work moving, and let your team search for the information they need.
Our screen recorder is only available for Mac as a desktop app. Windows coming soon!
Download the screen recorder for Mac
- Go to rewatch.com/screen-recorder, and click the download button.
- Move the Rewatch app to your Applications folder.
- Launch Rewatch and complete the setup instructions.
Not sure which version to download? Click the Apple icon in the top left of your screen, select
About This Mac, and it will either say “Apple M1” or the name of an Intel processor.
Create a new screen recording
To start recording, click the Rewatch icon in your menu bar and select
You will be presented with several options to choose from:
- Record your entire screen or just a region of your screen.
- Select your camera (external or computer default), or turn video off.
- Select your microphone (external or computer default), or turn audio off.
When you’re ready to record, click the
Record button and your video will automatically start recording. Any time during the recording, you can restart, pause, or cancel it. When you’re done recording, click the
Upload your recordings to Rewatch
After you’ve finished recording your video, you will be presented with two options. You can:
- Save your video locally to your computer.
- Or, upload your video to your channel in Rewatch.
If you upload your video to Rewatch, you’ll find your recording in the drafts section of your personal video library. From there, you can edit the video details before sharing it.
Related help articles
Lasted edited on October 6, 2021