Creating a collection
Once you’ve created a channel, you can create Collections to organize your videos and make your channel easy to browse.
How to create a new collection
If you’re an Admin, here’s how you can create a collection by:
- Click the
Admin consolelink in the bottom of the right-hand application sidebar.
- Click on the
Collectionslink in the left-hand navigation.
- Click the
New collectionbutton on the right side of the page.
- Enter your new collections name and description.
- To create a sub-collection, select a parent collection.
Collections can be anything you want but here are just a few suggestions:
- Getting Started – This collection will be great for organizing welcome and onboarding videos for new hires. Help new team members get to know your company more.
- All-hands – This collection can be used to organize all your company all-hands so that everyone on your team can watch the video at any time.
- Sales training – This collection is great for keeping all your sales training materials in one place so that you can onboard new sales team member faster.
- Engineering – Collections work for individual organizations in your company too. Engineers can keep their product demos and screen captures here to show off their work and get feedback.
Managing permissions for creating top-level collections
Optionally, you can choose to let all members of your channel create collections or restrict access to just specific members or groups in Rewatch. Here’s how Admins can manage permissions:
Admin consolein the bottom of the left-hand sidebar.
Permissionsin the left-hand navigation.
Video & collections, choose who can create top-level collections.
Sending collection notifications to Slack
You can send notifications to your team when new videos are added to your collection. Learn more about connecting Rewatch to Slack.
By default, collections are visible to the entire team. Any collection can be made secret by enabling the
Make collection secret checkbox on any collection’s edit page. Secret collections are only visible to admins and members that are added to the collection.
Any member of your channel can be made a Collection admin of a collection. This will allow them to control the collection’s settings, membership, and visibility. Learn more →
Related help articles
Lasted edited on May 26th, 2021